Sunday, September 20, 2009

Self/Peer Evaluation

In general, my peers liked how I prepared the flashcards with the English pronunciation. The cards made it easier for them to learn how to speak the Korean words. In addition, they found my competency in my topic as one of my strengths. They wrote that I was able to answer all of the questions during the lecture quickly and clearly. I was glad to see that my peers found my lesson informative and interesting. One of the main weaknesses that my peers pointed out was the time management. During my lesson, I gave short background information of the Korean language, and I taught them three Korean words that they can use. However, I ran out of time at the end of lecture and didn’t have enough time to do any summary/conclusion of the lesson. Some of my peers suggested that it would have been better to prepare handouts, in order to increase understanding of the topic. Lastly, they pointed out that it was hard to hear my voice in a loud classroom.


Overall, I was pleased to find that my students (peers) had a great attitude in learning. They were eager to learn more about Korean and were actively participating during my lesson. As my peers pointed out, one thing that I would have to work on is time management. Though I knew that it would be difficult to teach a language in 10 minutes, I should have planned the lesson more carefully. Another thing that I need to work on is getting more relaxed when speaking in front of other people. I got really nervous when it was my turn to teach and wasn’t confident enough. Overall, this was a very fun experience for me. By teaching something other than mathematics, I was able to gain a new experience of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment